November is coming! November is coming!
Most of us know what that means….
National Novel Writing Month, better known as NANoWrimo, is soon to commence.
The big question that must be answered is – To be, or not to be, a participant?
As a two time “Winner” of the competition, I can honestly say I am still on the fence regarding the approaching 2019 “fun”.
There are pros and cons to participating in NaNoWriMo. Let me break it down for those unfamiliar with the shebang of it:
1. You get to write 50,000 in 30 days, that is basically a novel in a month!
2. If you accomplish this feat, you get to print out a 2019 NaNoWriMo Winner certificate and brag to your cat! (If he did not desert you at some point of your deranged writing extravaganza).
3. Once the dust settles and you no longer resent the 50,000 word monster you created, you can revisit it and tranform it into a masterpiece!
4. Through your one month exile you will gain first hand knowledge of life, as the walking dead experience it. Now you can credibly write a zombie book, too!
5. The pain of NaNoWriMo is akin to childbirth and you may forget all about it by the time you decide to put yourself through it again.
1. To win, you must write 50,000 in only 30 days. A full size novel. Beginning to End.
2. You will gain five pounds, develop a serious caffeine addiction, panda bear eyes, and a gait like the hunchback of Notredam. You will require physical and mental rehab.
3. You will frighten your friends and family with your Jekyll and Hyde (and Pee Wee Herman) transformations. There will be tears, fits of rage, and uncontrollable giggles.
4. Once you have “Won” the competition, you will close your 50,000 word document and may never look at the fricking bastard again. For as long as you live.
5. Lastly, you will have a lot of apologizing to do for your month long grump binge.
Hmm, this is really a tough choice. Perhaps the reason I haven’t competed in the past five years. I may have to sit back, sip my yummy latte, take a nap, pet my cat and watch the freakout play out on social media, once again. 😉
What do you think? Will you be participating this year?
Let me know below.